2016 has been an exciting year for Diamond Deals as we have helped couples design the perfect ring to symbolize and celebrate their love and journey together. We have seen some stunning rings and as 2016 comes to an end, we are reflecting on the show stopping, unforgettable styles of this year.
1) Rose gold made a notable comeback. We loved the rose gold rings that we designed for our clients this year as the warmth of rose gold looks elegant alongside the brilliance of diamonds and illuminates all skin tones. We hope to see more diamonds set in rose gold next year.
2) Halo diamond settings were in high demand this year. A halo diamond setting showcases a center diamond by framing the center stone with beautiful accent diamonds. Halos can be added to all diamond shapes but the most popular in 2016 was the cushion halo surrounding a brilliant round diamond. A diamond halo is a great addition to make your diamond look bigger. There is always the option of adding a double halo, after all diamonds are a girl’s best friend!
3) Elegant thin diamond settings were trending this year. Engagement rings with dainty and delicate settings allow for the focus to be on the glamorous center diamond. Thinner bands always make for a classic and chic look.
4) Although brilliant round diamonds remain in the lead as the most sought out diamond shape, we have seen an upcoming trend of fancy shapes such as ovals and radiant diamonds. These fancy shapes can elongate your finger making it appear slender. The surface area of fancy shapes can also give the illusion of a bigger diamond because of their length in comparison to the width of a round or princess cut diamond. Why not opt for a bold and beautiful fancy diamond to personalize your ring?
5) Classic white gold settings continued to be a popular style throughout 2016. This classic setting showcases center diamonds at an optimal brilliance. It also sits angelically with either a classic white gold or diamond wedding band. A girl can’t go wrong with this timeless beauty!
These are a few of our personal favourite trends of 2016 and we can’t wait to see what styles the brides of 2017 fall in love with! Come into a Diamond Deals location to get started on customizing the ring of your dreams – whatever style, we have you covered.